DIY Coffee Table from Recycled Wood Pallets
Create a beautiful coffee table from recycled wood pallets. The table is perfect for an outdoor living space or a family room. People cherish handmade gifts at Christmas. Dings and dents add character to the table. The table is sturdy, fashionable and unique.
- Electric Screw Driver
- 2 Paint Brushes
- Clear Coat
- Wood Filler
- Wood Stain
- Wheels (Include at least 2 wheels with brakes.)
- Clean and sand the pallets to be utilized. The wood should be free from splinters and smooth to the touch.
- Use a hammer to pry the boards from the block and remove all nails. A crowbar may be handy for the long corner nails.
- Sand the holes and corners that could not be reached before the boards were separated.
- Nail holes may be filled with wood filler.
- Decide on table dimensions. Saw boards if plan dimensions require.
- Place required number of boards side by side.
- Utilize wood glue to hold boards together.
- Glue three transom pieces in place with the help of a clamp.
- Apply glue to the remaining six blocks to hold the blocks in place.
- Add the two skids to the bottom with glue. Hold the skids in place with a clamp.
- Allow glue to thoroughly dry.
- Select a wood stain and apply. Wood stain is now available in many fun colors.
- Allow stain to dry thoroughly.
- Apply a clear top coat in three even coats. Allow each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Mark holes on the boards for drilling the screws for wheels.
- Drill the holes and install the wheels.
After completing the pallet coffee table, deck furniture may be the next project. The skills learned from constructing the coffee table will be beneficial in building the base of the bench and then just add a cushion in a coordinating color. An outdoor room can easily be furnished with wood pallets.
*Photo courtesy of Pallet Coffee Table by Irecyclable at Flickr’s Creative Commons.
About NT3RNT RITR
My motto is, "Protect the Earth for future generations!"